When you read old texts you can observe that certain people (who were kings) were also given this name which implied they were kings. You could for example find "Oedipus rex" which means Oediupus the king, this is also how we know (a way at least) what this meant.
Public awareness of the Selma march was important because:
D. It helped the public realize there was a need for the Voting Rights Act.
By 1965 the most important issue remaining in the civil rights movement was the one of the Voting Rights Act which was the primary concern of the black population of the time.
Although the black population did have a right to vote by then, but it was important to end the discriminatory practices against them in the voting and election processes to make the democracy truly representative of their culture.
Thus the march being publicized made people realize the need for it.
1. Protection for workers and consumers were strengthened, and women finally achieved the right to vote.
2. Harness the power of the federal government to eliminate unethical and unfair business practices and reduced corruption
3. Counteract the negative social effects of industrialization by regulating private industry, strengthening protection for workers and consumers, and exposing corruption in both government and big businesses.
The New Deal:
1. Encompassed many programs designed to lift the United State out of the Great Depression
2. Sought to offer economic relief to the suffering, regulate private industry and grow the economy
3. Aimed to relief the unemployed, recover the economy through federal spending and job creation and; reform capitalism by means of regulatory legislation and the creation of new social welfare programs.
Progressive Era is the period in United State history from 1890s to the 1920s, an era in which intense social and political reform were aimed at making progress toward a better society. The New Deal is a set of domestic policies that dramatically expanded the federal government's role in economy, under President Franklin D. Roosevelt implemented between 1933 to 1938. The first New Deal 1933 to 1934 while the second New Deal was implemented between 1935 to 1938.